Good Ole' Boys
- If you enjoy square dancing, good harmony, and lots of fun, you would certainly enjoy
the calling of the Good Ole' Boys, from Ohio. The group's three members are:
Sam Dunn, Mike King, and Keith Zimmerman. They call in three-part harmony, and can
provide entertaining programs, complete with skits, games, and unexpected costumes.
- Sam, Mike, and Keith have been calling together as a group for the past
They all began calling in the early 1970's, and call basic through A2. As a
group, they are presently calling festivals and specials in Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania,
- The Good Ole' Boys are active in the Mid-Western Ohio Callers Association (Lima), and
the Miami Valley Callers Association (Dayton). They are all members of the American
- The idea for the Good Ole' Boys was conceived in 1981 as the three were kicking around
theme suggestions for a special dance they were to do together. As the date was set
for rehearsal; four hours and one song later, the Good Ole' Boys were a reality.
- After several months of preparation, they called their first dance as a group in Lima,
Ohio. Twenty squares were on hand that 1982 Sunday afternoon. So, armed with
good reviews and loads of moral support, they began to accept engagements as a group.
- In 1984 the boys began planning a weekend festival of their own, at Kings Island Inn,
near Cincinnati Ohio. The first Weekend Getaway was held in March of 1986, with 60+
squares in attendance. The year 2000, will mark their 15th annual get together.
- Mike and Bonnie King are the parents of two sons. They are
the grandparents of two boys. They reside in Cairo, Ohio.
- Keith and Cindy Zimmerman make their home in Piqua, Ohio.
They are the parents of two sons.
- As their name suggests, the Good Ole' Boys are just that.....three callers who are good
friends, that enjoy calling, singing, and having fun together, while providing excellent
square dancing and an enjoyable "good ole' time" for everyone.
In Memory of a very close and dear friend.
Michael Thomas King. Rest In Peace